Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy New Year!

It has been a while since I last blogged and I have a lot of things to share, so check back often. But first:

While walking my dog, the Lord spoke to me about relationships:


I am my dog's best friend and she thinks she is mine. She loves to lay next to me on the bed at night, to shower me with kisses when I get home from work, to play with me. She likes to go out and play in the yard. She also likes to jump the fence.


This is not good because when she jumps the fence she comes back smelling like...well I'll say this first:
The dynamic of the relationship changes. I still love her to bits. I still want to do the things that we do together but we can't because of her behavior. She doesn't get that rolling around in cat poop drives a wedge between us.

I am not being judgmental of my dog, but she has to let me give her a bath before we can hang out.

This is a good picture of our relationships with one another and our relationship with God.

The moral of the story: Do you smell like cat poop?
Does your attitude, behavior, character stink?
If so, take a bath!